Friday, July 8, 2011

Baby tomatoes!

We have baby tomatoes starting on several plants!  Mike and I were walking around the garden last night when we first noticed them.  Most of the plants still just have flowers, but two of the garden peach tomato plants have these baby fruits, which is extremely exciting.

The green bean plants have also begun to flower, with these beautiful white and light purple flowers.   Mike keeps asking me what is going to be ready to harvest next, and I keep telling him that I honestly have no idea.  Right now we're knee deep in swiss chard, and I'm trying to get through as much of the bok choy as I can this week, as it's begun to flower but isn't yet bitter.

Green beans 7-8-11

Swiss chard 7-7-11
My upcoming garden chores are to thin out the summer squash and zucchini plants (something I really ought to have done a few weeks ago) and to pull out my bolted arugula.  I'm toying with the idea of starting more broccoli and cauliflower from seed for a fall crop, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment