Monday, April 25, 2011

Debut of the peppers



I was an absentee farmer this weekend, as we traveled over to New Hampshire to spend Easter weekend with my parents. We returned home Sunday night to find that the peppers had sprung up! As of this morning, a few of them are as tall as their tomato neighbors, so they seem to be trying hard to make up for lost time.




In other exciting seedling news, some of the tomatoes and flowers look like they're beginning to develop their first true leaves - once this happens, it will be time to transplant them into larger containers. While I'm very happy that they're growing so well, I would like them to slow down just a bit until after this coming weekend, so that I can take my vegetable growing class before having to perform my first transplant. The odds of this don't look good, though, so I'll be reading up on transplanting seedlings this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment