Monday, April 25, 2011

The seedlings on day 10

First, I really can't believe how many of the seeds actually have sprouted. I was pretty skeptical about this, but either I have really good seeds, or I'm doing something right (except for the whole eggplant thing. But I'm trying to move on.)

Out of the 144 cells in total, only 7 are without seedlings (and 4 of those are pepper cells, so I'm giving them a few more days before admitting defeat). Today it's much easier to see the true leaves starting to come in on the zinnias, marigolds, and tomatoes, so it looks like tomorrow night I'll be reading about how to transplant them into 4 inch pots so that they keep growing correctly.


Some of the seedlings on the edges of the trays are still leaning a bit toward the light, but less than they were when we still had the eggplant going, so it is good that I have more space for them now. I think we may try to expand the number of lights we have this weekend if we get a chance.

And now, for the dramatic photos:


Last Tuesday (Day 3):




And today (Day 10)



Tomato and pepper tray



A marigold, with the first true leaves emerging




Zinnias and marigolds


Heirloom and peach tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment