Friday, May 6, 2011

The girls have arrived!



Latest updates on the chicks from Taperman. I'll have pictures and much more later this weekend (updated with the first chick pic, above)!

Thursday: I'll be picking them up around 4:45 at PFU. I
have my shoe box with air holes all ready to go. The heat lamp is set at
the correct (I hope) height off the floor of the box, the bottom is
layered with paper towels (no newspaper, their tiny feet can slip on that
surface and cause leg problems) and the baby water dispensor will be
filled. I'm setting up a stool to sit on so I can watch them all evening.
It might even be more interesting than the Red Sox (Do they play
tonight?) If we find the digital camera I'll foward some pics, if not
you'll see them Friday night. Wish me luck!

Friday: They are up this morning. Had a good night in the basement. When I got
down there at 5:10 they were all asleep under the red heat lamp, but they
were not too crowed together or directly under the lamp, so I think I have
the correct temperature and they have enough room to settle in where it's
comfortable. Changed the paper towel floor and gave them fresh water.
Mom will check on them at lunch time. See you tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty amazing how much you have gotten done! You are going to turn that place into quite the plantation. As soon as the dust settles with our move I wanna come play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're excited to have you come see what we've done! Be prepared that we're probably going to put you to work...Also, Mike wants to be clear that we don't have a thatched roof, and you aren't allowed near the chickens.

    ReplyDelete