Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend, Runs, Dirt, and Pork






The much anticipated Memorial Day weekend got off to a great start at the nursery. I expanded the pen by one third and covered it with chicken wire as the girls would have escaped...I just know it. Mamie arrived to check it out late Friday afternoon, and we then took off for North Yarmouth. Cathy followed later after giving Stoney a walk in Whitaker Woods. I made my Friday evening stop at Bob's Seafood in North Windham and picked up lobsters and clams for Mamie and me. As you all know, lobsters and clams make for a great pre-race load. Can't say they helped me much the next day as Mamie kicked my butt at the Pineland 10K cross country race. Mike and Suzy arrived around 6 pm after a visit in Lebanon, NH with their soon-to-be puppy Lily. Serious gardening took place on Sunday afternoon after Mamie and I completed a 9.5 mile run to LL Bean in Freeport....actually I napped while Suzy and Mamie gardened. Mike played tractorman. We decided to stay an extra night prompting me to make an emergency call to our neighbor Dorothy to water and feed the chicks Sunday night. We left Monday morning as Mike headed out for a run and Suzy and Mamie planned the potato planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment