Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Seedlings at 3 1/2 weeks

I realized that I've been neglecting my seedlings in terms of blog posts, since we've been making so much exciting progress with prepping the garden and getting the chicks.

At three and a half weeks old, the seedlings are doing great. Everyone has survived the first transplant so far, and the stems are getting noticabely thicker, and leaves are becoming much more defined. The peppers are still the smallest plants, but they're making good progress. I have to thin them soon, but in looking at the pots I don't think the decisions will be too difficult.



Above, pepper plant on May 11


Below, marigold on May 11




Above, tomato plants on May 11 - they're huge!


This weekend, we have more grand outdoor plans. We're hopefully getting a delivery of four yards of compost today, and then this weekend we're renting a tractor (no, I'm not at all sure that Mike understands that we need to give it back) to fill in the beds with a combination of dirt, compost, and potentially manure. Mike has to call a manure guy today, to see if we can get some delivered this weekend as well. If we can get all of the beds placed and filled this weekend, I'll be one happy farmer. That will mean that I can plant some of the cooler weather crops the next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment