Sunday, June 26, 2011

Farming is exhausting

*This is actually just a gratuitous cute dog picture - these guys don't really do any farming.

Lily has cultivated a taste for slugs and snails, which is disgusting but part of me wants to harness it for good, since the slugs are doing a serious number on my squash plants. But it can't be good for her to eat slugs, so I'll be handpicking them, and maybe setting some beer traps, this week. If the chickens were a little bigger and wiser, I'd be tempted to let them out on the squash field to have their way with the slugs, but they're still figuring out where they live, and what chickens do, and I'd hate for them to eat the squash seedlings rather than the slugs.

3 comments:

  1. i love this more than life itself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't take all the credit. You know bullet helped plenty. Lily, well, I believe you that she didn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have you know that Brent wants dogs because of this picture

    ReplyDelete